Parents are busy! But there are lots of fun things kids can do to help. But remember to praise their hard work and don't re-do what they've done. Helping out is fun!
(tasks vary, depending on age and ability)
Ideas for the kids:
- set the table - do you remember what utensils you need to eat? where does everything go?
- practice using scissors - cut out coupons (round-ended scissors are available)
- tidy toys, make your beds
- sweep or zap dust bunnies put on some music and dust everything while you dance!
- be the light police - turn off lights/electronics when they're being unused
- washing things (dishes without glass or knives, windows etc) can be fun with warm bubbly water
- laundry - can you sort colours? pour the soap in? Folding is fun if you do it together
- mix ingredients together when you're helping cook or bake